Permits & Applications

Cottage Grove does not provide building inspection services to the Township as of November 1, 2022.
Please call the Town Hall for your permitting needs.

Starting November 1, 2022, all permit applications, except electrical, will be submitted to the Town Clerk at or at the Town Hall: 14008 90th St S, Hastings, MN 55033.  Acceptable forms of payment are check (preferred) and exact cash only.  We do not accept credit cards at this time.


Stensland Inspections LLC processes all building permit submittals and conducts plan reviews and inspections for all of Denmark Township construction and mechanical projects. All permit applications will be submitted to the Denmark Township Town Board for a five-day review prior to the inspector's review.  If you have building permit questions, please call Isaac Stensland at 651-436-7669 or town clerk at 651-436-1704.


View the application forms to access the appropriate permit application:
Building Permit Application for Denmark Township (PDF)
Denmark Township New Home Submittal Requirements (PDF)
Energy Compliance Certificate (PDF)
Electrical Permit Application
 can be obtained from MN Department of Labor.

Mechanical/HVAC Permit Application (PDF)
Plumbing Permit Application (PDF)
Agricultural Certificate of Compliance (PDF)
Zoning/Use Permit Application (PDF)
Zoning/Use Escrow Policy (PDF)
Utility Permit Application (PDF)
Utility Permit Escrow Policy (PDF)
2022 Fee Schedule Effective 12-05-2022

Zoning/Use Permit Instructions

Agricultural Accessory Structure Construction Projects
All Agricultural Accessory Structure construction projects over 1,000 square feet require a Certificate of Compliance. Please note the Town Board will also review all Certificate of Compliance applications. Township Code Chapter Two, Part 3, Section 1.2(1). Fill out the Certificate of Compliance Application (PDF).

A Certificate of Compliance is required for all agricultural buildings over 1,000 square feet in size. A separate building permit is not required for the construction of an agricultural structure.


The standards applicable to agricultural accessory structures are set out in Chapter Two, Part 3, Section 1.2 of the Denmark Township Development Code and include the following (this not a complete list and is in addition to any other applicable requirements): • Unless the structure is being placed on rural farm land which meets the definition of agricultural land and contains more than 40 acres, the structure may not be placed prior to the construction of the principal structure. • The structure may not be located closer to the road right-of-way than the principal building, unless the Town Board first approves the location, and all setbacks can be met. • Must not exceed the limitations on the number of structures or total square footage established in Chapter Two, Part 3, Section 1.2(3)(B). • An accessory structure may not be used for sleeping or contain living space. • A Certificate of Compliance expires if the structure is not built within one year.


Complete and submit the application with the $75.00 application fee and the building and site plans to the Town Clerk. Plans should show location of existing and proposed structures on property, setbacks, septic system and roads. 

St. Croix River Management & Shoreland Management District Projects Construction projects within the St. Croix River Management or Shoreland Management Districts must be approved by Washington County. Please contact the Washington County Planning Department at 651-430-4300.

All construction projects will be reviewed by the Denmark Township Board. Please allow 5 days for this review. Board review questions shall be emailed to the Town Clerk or call 651-436-1704.