Animal Control

How do I contact animal control?

Call Companion Animal Control at (715) 220-1332 or visit   Established in 2011, Companion Animal Control serves more than 30 municipalities across Washington County, MN, Pierce County & St. Croix County, WI.  Companion Animal Control responds to hundreds of calls each year to help animals, to learn more visit the website.

Where are animals impounded?

Otter Lake Animal Care Center at 6848 Otter Lake Road, Hugo MN 55038 (651) 426-8871.  Animals are held for the state required holding period, then evaluated and transferred to local rescues for adoption.  Owners reclaiming their animal should expect to pay a reclaim fee and may be additionally invoiced by the municipality to recuperate animal control expenses.

Visit for the following information & much more:


  • What to do if you’ve found an animal
  • Photos of impounded animals
  • How to find your lost dog or cat
  • Companion Animal Control service areas
  • Report an animal welfare complaint
  • Community resources such as discount spay/neuter
  • Impound & rescue partners