Animal Control

How do I contact animal control?

Call Companion Animal Control at (715) 220-1332.   Established in 2011, Companion Animal Control serves more than 24 cities/towns within Pierce County, WI, St. Croix County, WI and Washington County, MN.  Companion Animal Control responds to hundreds of calls each year to help animals, working closely with law enforcement to keep your community safe by responding to pick up stray animals, investigate concerns of cruelty/neglect, nuisance complaints and dog bites. 

Where are animals impounded?

Animal Humane Society, 9785 Hudson Road, Woodbury MN (651) 730-6008.  Animals are held for the state required holding period, then evaluated for adoption and/or rescue placement.  Owners reclaiming their animal should expect to pay a reclaim fee and may be additionally invoiced by the city to recuperate animal control expenses and/or issued a citation for an at large animal.

What to do if I’ve found an animal?


  • If possible, contain and/or leash the animal.  Never approach an animal that is behaving aggressively.  
  • Call Washington Co. Sheriff Non-Emergency (651) 439-9381 and Companion Animal Control (715) 220-1332. 
  • Companion Animal Control will respond to pick up the animal and will post it online at: , notify your neighborhood by sharing the posting on social media or email.  The animal will be safely kept for the state required holding period before transfer to a rescue or adoption.  
  • Consider posting a "Found" report on a website such as and the


What to do if I’ve lost an animal?

Call Washington Co. Sheriff Non-Emergency (651) 439-9381 to report your pet missing, Companion Animal Control checks County lost animal reports when responding to calls of found animals.